Wednesday, March 10, 2010

RIP Fiat M-a-r-e-a W-e-e-kend



It's been almost a year since I wrote about my Fiat M-a-r-e-a W-e-e-kend that was on its last legs.

Well last week at the age of 12, the engine spluttered its last throaty noise. It's a complete write off (actually I was right off it ages ago). It kicked the bucket. It has passed on. Given up the ghost. Pushed up the daisies and gone to meet its [car] maker. It is deceased. Bereft of life it is no more. Departed to a better place. Expired before its road tax did. It is a late Fiat M-a-r-e-a W-e-e-kend. It's resting in peace (actually pieces!). It's a stiff. OK, I can't deny it. The car is dead.

It's two weeks before Pesach. I havn't even started the shopping. Am I in a panic? Well, surprisingly not but maybe it's because I'm still in a state of denial.

The worst part of all this is that I get terrible travel sickness and the Egged bus drivers go round corners with the skill of a Formula One racing driver, leaving my stomach behind at the pit stop.

I'm trying to arrange a loan from my work to get a replacement car but it's proving a slow process.

Actually I still have not made up my mind if I'm gonna go for a regular family car only a few years ol or a seven seater Mazda MPV or Hyundai Trajet from the beginning of the century.

2 comments:

Lawrence Normie said...

Uhm, you can borrow my bike if your like...

Anonymous said...

well, good luck and may you always travel safely