Thursday, September 16, 2010

Crocs for Yom Kippur

Anyone who knows me will know that I do not like fashion trends, even religious or Chareidi fashion trends. If you didn't know that such a thing as Chareidi fashion exists then I suggest you take a closer look at the hats worn in yeshivah. For example, one year the ribbon is 2 cms high, the next its 1 cm and the next its 3 cms.


Anyway, I resisted buying Crocs for Yom Kippur even though many of my friends informed me how comfortable they were. The old slippers I have worn every Tisha BeAv and Yom kippur for the past 15 years are guarenteed to make my feet ache by the end of the day. So, seing a pair on special offer on the second floor of the Jerusalem Bus Station Shopping centre, I decided to take the plunge and buy a pair.

I'll let you know after Yom Kippur if they were worth it.

Gamar Chatima Tova to all my readers.

*** UPDATE ***

By mid morning of Yom Kippur I felt the Crocs were tightening around my feet. They became so uncormfortable that I took them off after Mussaf. I gave them to my middle son who is "well pleased"! Maybe my feet are just too wide for Crocs. Next taanis I'm back to the slippers!

No comments: